The lab department is sub-divided into functions. The first is Management of the Customer Process Specifications, the second is Process Control, Continuous Improvement/Problem Root Cause Analysis.
The high specialization of M.P.S. professional operators makes it a valuable reference point also for the applied research in the fields of Special Processes (e.g. new chemical process without chromium or cadmium, or new protective coatings such as primer without barium, strontium or zinc chromate). M.P.S. gives you the required support by material engineers, operators graduated in chemistry or physics with a high level of experience in the analysis and implementation of special processes.
The Lab is equipped with proper sophisticated instrumentation for chemical and electroscopic analysis of liquid and solid matrices and of trace elements, for all that concerns the test of hardness and conductivity and the analysis of metals.
The analysis of the fluids from chemical processes is an indispensable instrument for the process control, for the statistical study of the yield and the efficiency of the treatments.
The knowledge and control of the treatment parameters is the key factor for the reduction of the causes of error in the production processes.
Some Laboratory equipments:
- Fischerscope X-RAY XDL 230
- Spectrometer ICP-OES OPTIMA 2100 DV (Inductively Coupled Plasma – Optical emission spectroscopy) with Perkin Elmer automatic sampler
- Spectrometer FT-IR (Fourier Tranform – Infrared) with Perkin Elmer HATR automatic sampler (Horizontal Attenuated Total Reflectance)
- Perkin Elmer Spectrometer UV-Vis (Ultraviolet-Visible)
- Microwave digestion system - Anton Paar
- Analytic Balance - Satrorius 0.1 mg
- Durometer Ergotest COMP RA - Galileo officine
- Conductimeter Sigmatest 2.069 to induced currents - Foerster
- Salt Fog room of Angelantoni for tests of resistance to the corrosion
- Thickness meter to induced currents FISCHER
- Autotitrator (titrando 888 metroh)
- TDS meter (HI9034 Hanna Instruments)
- Conductivity meter (EC215 Hanna Instruments)
- pH meter (pH213 Hanna Instruments)
- Ultrasonic Cleaner (CP104 CEIA)
- Photofluorometer (S291 NDT)
- Cold light Sources (Photonic PL2000)
- Taber Abraser 5135